After the success of W:O:A Metal Battle Middle East last year in Egypt where “Crescent”, the Egyptian Metallers, won and performed in Wacken Open Air 2014 (check out our interview with Crescent in Issue 5 – Pages 22-25 here), this year, Govad MUSIC will organize the battle in its 2015 version. The competition will be extended to cover some Middle Eastern countries like Lebanon, Dubai, and Jordan, as well as Egypt.
Facebook post by Govad MUSIC:
… and we will do it again!!!
govad MUSIC is happy to announce that the W:O:A Metal Battle comes back to middle east in 2015. But in the next battle, Egypt will not be alone. Bands from Dubai, Lebanon, Jordan and Egypt are invited to take part. Regional battles will choose a regional winner and the regional winners gonna battle in a final for the middle east winner; who will represent middle east in the final W:O:A Metal Battle at the Wacken Festival in Germany.
Get ready to rumble!!!
More information will follow very soon!
Registration for the Metal Battle Middle East will start beginning of November 2014. The deadline for applications will be beginning of December. Late applications will not be accepted. A preselection jury and Govad MUSIC will decide which bands are allowed to join the battle.
Based on the number of applications, regional battles will take place to choose a regional winning band. The regional winners will battle in a Middle East final to choose the Middle East winner to represent the Middle East in the international W:O:A Metal Battle at Wacken Festival in Germany. Wacken Festival will be held from July 30 to August 1, 2015. The Metal Battle will be held on Wednesday and Thursday before the big festival.
The regional and final battles will take place in springtime 2015. Details will follow but not before end of January 2015.
Metal-Battle Rules and Guidelines
- All bands, that wish to participate in the Metal Battle, must read the following rules and guidelines. Bands who send in an application automatically agree to the rules and terms.
The Metal Battle is at least a two phase contest.
- In every country there is an initial contest that – if necessary – lead to a national final.
- The winner from each country will participate in the international final which will take place on the WET STAGE & HEADBENGER STAGE (inside the Bullhead City Circus) during the W:O:A festival.
- Bands have to travel to the heats and finals at their own expense.
The Guidelines for all Stages of the Competition
- The promoters will name at least three respected people from the music business to act as judges. There is no public vote.
Equipment and “Onstage” Rules
- The promoters will provide the P.A. and the lighting equipment every band will then use.
- Every country is responsible for it’s backline specification. Please send any enquiries to the corresponding / contact person.
- The promoters provide all lighting and audio engineers.
- The bands bring their own instruments such as guitars, bass, keyboards and effect pedals and may also bring and use their own guitar amps.
- To keep the changeover times as short as possible, bands with left handed drummers will play as first or last band. All bands have to follow the directions given by the promoters or stage manager.
- Semi playback is not allowed. All bands must play live.
- The performance time for each band is at least 20 minutes.
- If a band overruns its allotted performance-time, then the band-members should be aware of the fact, that in this case their sound will be faded out.
- The running order for the concert will be released a few days before the event takes place.