Wolf Hoffmann, basically known as the mighty guitarist in the German heavy metal band Accept and a source of inspiration to many, has released a second solo album” “Headbangers Symphony” (which is completely dedicated to the grand classic maestros) via Nuclear Blast 20 years after his first solo album “Classical”.
Hoffmann is known for his vehemence to heavy metal and craving to classical music.
He stated: “I have always incorporated classical music in my songwriting with ACCEPT, especially with “Metal Heart”, but I constantly felt there was so much more that I could do and I did not want to overload ACCEPT or force it in any way. I always knew I could make a whole record of it and that’s how the first record “Classical” was born. Even today, fans tell me that they are still listening to it, that’s why it is so fantastic now to do another one.”
“Headbangers Symphony” showcases an overabundance of highly skilled improvisations. Wolf took the main pieces, and then wrote riffs that fit them. Lastly, in the grand hard rock tradition, he layered a guitar solo over it. He shaped the sound into a quite adventurous elegance, but the key themes of the originals remained.
Order “Headbangers Symphony” now: http://nblast.de/WolfHoffmannSymphony
Get the digital version here: http://nblast.de/WolfHoffmannDownloads
“Headbangers Symphony” Track Listing:
01. Scherzo (L. v. Beethoven)
02. Night On Bald Mountain (M. Mussorgsky)
03. Je Crois Entendre Encore (G. Bizet)
04. Double Cello Concerto in G Minor (A. Vivaldi)
05. Adagio (T. Albinoni)
06. Symphony No. 40 (W. A. Mozart )
07. Swan Lake (P. Tchaikovsky)
08. Madame Butterfly (G. Puccini)
09. Pathétique (L. v. Beethoven)
10. Meditation (J. Massenet)
11. Air On The G String (J. S. Bach)
“Classical music meets metal with a killer sound”
Read More by: Lilas Mayassi
Want to join Metal Bell? We are looking for authors, photographers, and designers.
Send an email to: email@example.com.
What do you think? Leave a Comment.
- ANNIHILATOR | Fan Jumps On Stage & Who Wants Jeff’s Camaro SS?
- Testament To Unleash The Serpent This Year
- That One Night II, Metro al-Madina – July 16
- Blaakyum Crosses the “Line Of Fear”