LOOK FORWARD: The Sarah Khatib’s Cancer and Amputee Association For The Youth is organizing its annual musical event:
Rock Forward – The Look Forward Concert
Bands: Brick Floyd, Epic, The Butterfly
Special Guests: Fouad Yammine, Jessica Wazen, Ralph Asfour
Date: Saturday December 26, 2015
Location: The Quadrangle – Hazmieh
Time: 8:30 pm
Entrance Fee: 30,000 L.L.
Tickets available at Ihjoz.com, Maliks Bookshop (limited tickets at the door)
Look Forward’s Christmas concert with a ‘rock and roll’ twist to your all-time favorite hits.
Proceeds go towards supporting young cancer fighters and amputees as well as their families.
ABOUT SARAH KHATIB:
Sarah Khatib is the daughter of the veteran keyboardist Adib Khatib from the rock band The Butterfly that rocks the Quadrangle’s stage every Friday.
Sarah was diagnosed with cancer in January 2014 after being admitted to the hospital on Christmas eve December 25th, 2015. Sarah’s battle with cancer was unconventional and inspirational. After amputating her right hand, her first reaction that shocked all those close to her was calling the remaining part of her hand “Agnus” and making it the center of attention.
Sarah refused to surrender to the disease and turned the pain into energy.
“I CHOOSE NOT TO BE SARAH KHATIB THE CANCER PATIENT AND AMPUTEE, BUT CONTINUE BEING SARAH KHATIB THE 4TH YEAR PHARMACY STUDENT, WHO’S CLUMSY, LOVES NUTELLA AND JUST HAPPENED TO HAVE CANCER AND A MISSING ARM” – Sarah Khatib
Sarah Khatib died on September 5th, 2014 and left a legacy to inspire generations to come (Watch her TEDx Talk Video, and a documentary about Sarah below)
ABOUT LOOK FORWARD:
Look Forward is a Lebanese community for the youth who have faced or are currently facing cancer or an amputation.
UBER is providing a 15 $ free first ride to new UBER users
Steps to follow:
- Download the Uber application at com/app
- Register your credit card, and enter the promo code “ROCKFORWARD
- When you open the app after signing up, there’s a pin that you place on the map for the driver to locate you. The blue dot is where you are currently, so you place the pin at the blue dot if you’re ordering the Uber for yourself. However, you can place the pin at a different location if you’re ordering it for a friend or a family member. Another alternative would be to write your destination in the upper quadrant “Enter Pick Up Location”.
- WHO KILLED BRUCE LEE live at The Grand Factory – December 28
- Blast Night, The Music Room – December 25
- INSOMNIUM Live in Dubai, The Music Room Dubai – January 15
- DREAM THEATER | The Astonishing
Leave a Comment